Thursday, November 15, 2007

Embarasada does not mean embarassed...

There are a lot of embarassing mistakes that can be easily made in Spanish... I´d like to think that after studying as long as I have I wouldn´t make them, but of course, I´d be wrong. I am far enough along to not use embarasada (pregnant) when trying to say I´m embarassed, but I do still screw things up a bit.

For example, I meant to tell Lucho (a.k.a. Luis) that I don´t have a good sense of smell, so I told him huelo mal (I smell bad). I immediately realized that I´d messed up, partially because I know better, but mostly because he sniffed me and said es cierto (that´s true).

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Joanna,
Glad to see you are doing well!
--Patricia

Pat said...

I never had the heart to tell you myself! :-)

S to the Gee Whiz?? said...

joanna that is awesome!!!!!!